Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T 1 and 2

For my first two comments for teachers I was assigned the blog Synthesizing Education by Aaron Eyler. Aaron Eyler is a high school History teacher in central New Jersey.

The first post I commented on was "E-Readers: Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?". In this post Mr. Eyler discuses his concerns with future students using E-books such as the iPad in the classroom. Mr. Eyler talks of his own personal struggle to stay on task when reading or working on his iPad. He tells us that he often finds himself wondering away from his task to other sights such as twitter, or checking his email. Mr. Eyler is concerned with what will keep students interested in the the task that they are assigned too. What will futore teachers need to do to help students from wondering to facebook, twitter, game sights or shopping on ebay? Mr. Eyler's question was does this scare you?

My Response:

Hello Mr. Eyler, My name is Rachel Saucier and I am a student in Dr. Strange EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I also do not own an iPad but I can imagine how difficult it could be to stay on task when working on one. I know for myself I have trouble keeping myself from checking my email, facebook, twitter and such when I am doing assignments on my computer at home. Knowing that future students will be doing most of there work on some for of technology is a very exciting thought but also does raise some concerns. One in which is how as educators are we going to make sure our students are not only on task but also interested in what they are working on. I am not quit sure what the answers to these questions are right now, but am very interested to keep up with this to learn more!





The second post that I commented on of Mr. Eyler was "Calling All Political Junkies Who Care About Kids". In this post Mr. Eyler discuses how over a period of a few months he became incredibly interested in reading political articles and arguing with commentators on their blogs over interpretations of different issues and its effects on the youth of America. He this speaks of an idea he had to create a sight that would break down political issues that are taken place so that it could be understood by children. After disusing this idea he then ask how others feel about the idea of this sight.

My Response:

I must say that I am also one that is horrible at making a resolution and sticking to it. I am also not one to follow much that goes on in the political community. This is something that I am not proud of and is something I would like to change. I do believe your idea to make a child friendly sight on political commentary is a wonderful idea. I believe introducing students to the political community at a younger age will help prevent form having your adults like myself who are still so unfamiliar.













1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel. I love the teachers post about staying on task while on an ipad. I do not own an ipad either but when I am on my laptop I find myself on facebook for about thirty minutes and then starting my homework. It is extremely hard to stay on task on a computer. You did a very good job of explaining what Mr. Elyers point of view from his post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete